What does the word “power” mean to you? The definition of “power” according to the dictionary states it is the ability of doing or accomplishing something, the ability to act with strength, might and force. It is the possession of control; to have authority and dominance. When we surrender to power, we lose control of ourselves as an effort to be an individual. In order to grasp life fully and be the best individual we can be, we need to embrace the power within. The truth is, when we have power within ourselves, we can conquer the world. No, not in an evil and creepy way, but in a way where the sky is the limit and we can achieve anything we put our minds to.
How can we take our power back?
1. First, we have to decide what it is that we are taking our power back from. My mother always says, “Check your boxes.” Each aspect of your life represents a box; your career, family, relationships and health. When one aspect of your life is not going the way you want it to, rearrange your boxes. If you don’t like how your job is going, or you’re not happy in a relationship, it means it’s time to make a change.
2. Get rid of negative energy and create a positive environment. Exclude negative individuals from your life. Surround yourself with people that are supportive, positive and inspiring. You will start to adapt to the positivity and you will notice your thoughts will be brighter and optimistic.
3. Be in control of your thoughts and actions. I am guilty of being indecisive and I have a hard time making decisions. I am afraid of making the wrong decisions and often look for justifications to support them. It is not only important to make your own decisions, but to accept them and move on. One tip I’ve found helpful in making decisions is to go with your gut feeling. Your body’s initial response is so powerful and 99% of the time, it’s the right choice.
4. Stay true to yourself. Love who you are and accept yourself as you are. Don’t adhere to what others think you should do or be. Stick to your beliefs, respect yourself and the people who matter will respect you for being you.
5. Visualize what you want, and believe you can have it. You can have anything you want and you can be whoever you want. If you have a goal, visualize yourself accomplishing it. Whether it is getting a promotion at work, or crossing the finish line of a marathon. Visualize it, believe you can do it and well, just do it! When those thoughts of doubt start creeping in your head, tell them to back off, because you can do it, and you will.
6. Eat PowerBack Snacks. They will automatically give you your power back! No I am totally kidding, but they will give you the energy you need to get your power back physically!! Okay okay, terrible marketing ploy, but I had to throw it out there..
Take your power back, live life, and kick ass! Happy Tuesday Everyone!