To make Homemade Mayo:
½ cup olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients EXCEPT for the olive oil in a blender. Blend for 30 seconds on low.
- Pour 2 tbsp. of the olive oil at a time into the blender and mix for 30 seconds each time. (This is an important step because it needs to emulsify).
- You will repeat this step 4 times because there is 8 tbsp. in ½ cup of olive oil. Make sure you allow 30 seconds to mix between adding more olive oil. (It should start to thicken)
- Once the mayo has thickened, place in a bowl.
(This makes 9 servings or 9 tbsp.)
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories; 1 g carb; 12 g fat; 1 g protein
Buffalo Chicken Salad (serving size=2 chicken breasts):
1 package of thin boneless and skinless chicken (4 come in a package)
1 tbsp. hot sauce
1 tbsp. homemade mayo (from recipe above)
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced cucumber (optional)
- Cook the chicken on the stove or grill.
- Let the chicken cool for a few minutes then shred into little pieces (like chicken salad)
- Place in a bowl and add 1 tbsp. hot sauce and 1 tbsp. homemade mayo.
- Add the diced onions and cucumbers and mix.
*You can serve in lettuce wraps, on top of a salad or use it as a dip!
Nutrition per serving: 326 calories; 3 g carbs; 12 g fat; 52 g protein