Sweet Potato Pancake Bun:
2 sweet potatoes (to make 4 cups shredded)
2 tsp. coconut flour
1 cup + 2 tbsp. egg beaters
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ginger
Coconut oil (for cooking use)
- Peel the two sweet potatoes and shred them in a food processor. You will need for cups of shredded potatoes. (2 medium sized sweet potatoes may provide more than 4 cups, save the rest for another recipe!)
- In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp. coconut flour, 1 cup + 2 tbsp. egg beaters, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 2 tsp. ginger and the 4 cups shredded sweet potato.
- Put 1 tsp. coconut oil on a skillet on medium heat. Once it’s melted, scoop out with your hand the potato batter (about 5 by 5 inches). Flatten the pancake out with a spatula; it should start to sizzle from the coconut oil.
- Cook for 2-3 min, or when you can flip it in one piece. Then cook the other side.
(I cook one pancake at a time, using 1 tsp. of coconut oil per pancake; this makes it stay together and extra crispy!) The batter should make 10 pancakes.
Nutrition per pancake with 1 tsp. coconut oil: 144 calories; 21 g carbs; 1 g fat; 4.2 g protein
1 package ground turkey
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. onion
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. pepper
4 slices nitrate free bacon
- Cook the bacon first, and then once it’s done, place the bacon on a paper town to cool and leave the bacon fat in the pan to cook the burgers.
- Mix the ground turkey with the spices and make 4 burger patties.
- Cook them on the skillet on medium heat for 5-8 min. (Put a cover on the pan to cook faster and evenly).
Putting it together:
Put the burger between two sweet potato pancakes and add the bacon. Bon appetite!
Total nutrition for burger and bun (makes 4 burgers): 442 calories; 42 g carbs; 17 g fat; 30 g protein