Bacon Onions Meatballs (Makes 9 meatballs)
1 package ground turkey (93% fat free)
3 slices bacon
½ yellow onion diced
¼ cup almond flour
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
Pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a skillet on the stove. Add the diced onion and leave it on medium heat to caramelize.
- Once the bacon and onions are cooked, remove from pan and let them cool on a plate.
- In a bowl, add the package of ground turkey, 1 egg, cumin, almond flour and chili powder. Mix together.
- When the bacon is cooled, cut up into 1 inch pieces and add both the onions and bacon to the bowl. Mix evenly.
- Roll the meat into medium sized balls. (Should make about 9 meatballs)
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven on 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Nutrition: Serving size: 3 meatballs; 301 calories; 5 g carbs; 12 g fat; 33 g protein
Turnip French Fries
4 medium turnips
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Onion powder
2 tsp. Garlic powder
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the turnips and cut them into ½ inch thick strips. (The smaller the crispier they will be).
- Place in a bowl and toss with olive oil, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder sea salt and pepper.
- Cook on a baking sheet for 35-40 min or until crispy on 375 degrees.
Nutrition: 3 portions (makes 3 cups); each portion has: 68 calories; 6 g carbs; 5 g fat; 1 g protein