1 small butternut squash
4 Al Fresco chicken sausages
3 strips nitrate free bacon
½ onion (diced)
1 garlic clove
½ tsp. basil
Salt and pepper
- Cut your bacon into little diced pieces and add it to a skillet on medium heat. Once the bacon is crispy, place on paper towel to cook down.
- To the same skillet, add the minced garlic and diced onions.
- While the onions are caramelizing, shred your butternut squash and apple in a food processor.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add the packages of diced chicken sausage and mix.
- Add basil and pepper and let the sausage brown.
- Once the sausage has started to brown, add the butternut squash and apple shreds. Cover the pan for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally. You will know it is done when the butternut squash looks like hash.
Nutrition: Per serving (3 servings); Calories: 277; 18.3g carbs; 11g fat; 20g protein