I planned on making sweet potato hash and ended up experimenting with eggplant too. I have to say I may have liked the eggplant even more than the sweet potato hash! You can use any vegetable you can shred. Make it into a muffin or just regular hash browns!
1 Eggplant (or veggie of choice: zucchini, sweet potato etc.)
2 chicken sausages (I use Al Fresco)
¼ cup almond flour
2 tbsp. basil
½ cup egg beaters
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. olive oil
Pepper to taste
- Cut the eggplant into 4 circle pieces. With a food processor, shred the eggplant into medium shredded pieces.
- Chop the sausages into little diced pieces.
- Add eggplant shreds and diced sausage to a bowl along with the almond flour, basic, egg beaters, garlic powder, olive oil and pepper. Mix all ingredients together.
- Spray a muffin pan with olive oil and place the mixture evenly in the tins. (It makes 8 eggplant hash muffins). You can also lay the mixture out on a flat pan to make regular hash.
- Cook on 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until it gets golden brown and crispy.
Nutrition: (8 servings) Per serving: 85 calories; 5g fat; 4g carbs; 7g protein