Buffalo Turkey & Beef Meatballs with Sweet Potato Fries (Makes 2 BIG servings)
To make Sweet Potato Fries:
2 sweet potatoes
2 tsp. olive oil
- Peel the skin off of the sweet potato with a peeler.
- Cut the sweet potato into 4 quarters (once in half and then cut the half again).
- Slice the halves into ¼ inch thick strips (the thinner they are the crispier they will get when you bake them).
- Toss the sweet potatoe strips in bowl with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking pan with olive oil spray.
- Lay out the fries on the baking pan and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until crispy (I leave mine in a little longer than an hour because I like mine a little burnt!)
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste!
To make Buffalo Turkey & Beef Meatballs:
½ package of 93% fat free ground turkey
½ package of 93% fat free ground beef
1 cup chopped peppers and onions
1 cup buffalo hot sauce
- You can either mix the turkey and beef meet together or keep them separate. If you mix, add the meat to a bowl and add an egg to help the meat stick together. Add the veggies to the mixture.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls (it should make 8-10 meat balls)
- Put them on a baking sheet and cook them in the oven for 25 minutes on 350 degrees.
- After 25 minutes, take them out and dip each one in a bowl of hot cause (make sure to cover the whole thing).
- Put them back on the baking pan and let them cook for another 5-8 minutes.
Total nutrition per serving: (2 servings): 460 calories, 20 g fat, 25 g carbs, 46 g protein