I decided to throw together a bunch of ingredients to make a salad and it ended up being the best combo salad ever!!
(Makes 2 servings)
2 grilled chicken breasts (cut up into little strips)
2 slices turkey bacon
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 tomato (diced)
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Tbsp. Raw honey
2 tbsp. mustard
To make the dressing: Mix 1 Tbsp. Raw honey and 2 Tbsp. mustard together. Add pepper to taste.
To make Plantain:
1 Plantain (I like to use ripe because its easier to cut)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Peel the plantain skin off using a peeler or sharp knife.
- Cut the Plantain in half. Take each half of the Plantain and cut them into long thin pieces (about ¼ of an inch thick).
- Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and add the Plantains. Let them cook until they turn yellow on one side, and then flip them. You will know they are done when they are a bright yellow color.
- Cut into little pieces and put into fridge to cool.
Nutrition: 335 calories, 14 g fat, 55 g carbs, 2 g protein
To make eggplant:
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Peel the skin off of the eggplant using a peeler or sharp knife.
- Cut the Eggplant long ways into ¼ inch circles.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of each piece of eggplant.
- Spray a baking pan with olive oil and cook the eggplant for 15 min on 350 degrees. After 15 min, flip the eggplant over to cook the other side. (You could also cook them in a skillet on the stove but the oven makes them extra crispy!)
Nutrition: 230 calories, 14 g fat, 30 g carb, 5 g protein
The rest is pretty obvious.. Cook the chicken and bacon on the stove and mix all together into a salad.
Total nutrition: (2 big servings): 470 calories, 14 g fat, 44 g carbs, 34 g protein