These are mouth watering!! They are just as good the next day for a left over lunch!!
Serving size: 3 big portions
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 Al Fresco chicken sausages
1 package of 99% fat free ground organic turkey
1.5 cup organic salsa
1/2 cup crushed hunts tomato sauce
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 package chilli powder
pepper and salt to taste
1. Peel the skin off both sweet potatoes. Cut the sweet potato into 4 quadrants then slice into thin frie-shaped pieces.
2. Toss the sweet potato fries in a bowl of 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and sprink with pepper and salt.
3. Lay them on a flat cooking pan and bake in the over for 1 hour or till crispy at 350 degrees. (Key is to cook them long so they are crispy like fries)
1. Cook the package of ground turkey and sausages on the stove. Once its almost fully cooked you can add it to the crockpot.
2. Add 1.5 cups of salsa, 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped onions and 1/2 packet of chilli powder to the crock pot.
3. Cook on high for 1-2 hours or low for 3 hours. Occasionally stir, adding more chili powder if needed.
4. After everything has cooked, add the chili on top of the sweet potato fries. Enjoy!!
Nutrition per serving (3 large servings)
30 grams carbs
46 grams protein
10 grams fat