I am a big fan of the Paleo Diet so I will be posting my latest creations in the kitchen. If you are into CrossFit or looking for a fresh clean and doable diet to start off the New Year try some of these easy and delicious recipes. They are Gluten Free, Dairy Free and have no Artificial Sweeteners. Remember it’s not a diet, its a lifestyle!
2 boneless chicken breasts
4 slices of turkey bacon or regular bacon
6 asparagus spears
2 tbsp. organic raw honey
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbps. yellow mustard
1. Cut both chicken breasts in half to make 4 thin chicken cutlets.
2. Cook the chicken on the stove till almost fully cooked.
3. Mix 2 tbsp. of honey and 2 tbsp. of mustard and add half of the mixture to the chicken. Let it maranade the chicken for a few minutes.
4. Take each piece of chicken and wrap it in a slice of bacon. Add a tooth pick to help hold it together.
5. Dip the wrapped chicken in the left over honey mustard mixture and set it on a cooking pan.
6. Cook the chicken in the oven on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon becomes crispy.
7. In the meantime, cook the asparagus on the stove with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Key is to cook it with a lid on the frying pan to trap the heat and give it a crispy texture.
8. Drizzle the remaining honey mustard mixture on top of the asparagus and serve.
Nutrition facts (pictured serving above)
Calories: 438 calories
Protein: 61 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Fat: 10 grams